Casa Bella Windows and Doors has been proudly serving Toronto’s window installation needs since we opened up our 180,000 square foot facility in Mississauga in 1989. Before that, we started as a small company with locations originally in Pickering and Newmarket. Cumulatively, we have over 60 years of experience in the business, and our track record of quality products and excellent customer service has given us a golden reputation throughout the GTA.
Important Questions to Ask
Our team is dedicated to exceptional services, from the products we make to the installation process, to the way we treat our customers. But even though we have high standards, that doesn’t mean that every window and door installation company does. Here are some questions you should be asking an installer before deciding to hire them:
- How long has your company been in business?
- Are you a manufacturer or a distributor?
- What is your area of expertise?
- Do you install your products or do you outsource to a third party?
- Do you service and warranty your work/products?
- Do you have a good reputation and solid reviews?
Even if a company provides a warranty for their work, it won’t matter much if they’re not there in the future to honour it. If they have a strong reputation with good reviews, or if they’ve been around for a long time, you can feel fairly confident that they won’t go out of business for whatever reason.
A Team of Experienced Professionals
The reason why you want to know whether any of their work is outsourced or if they use subcontractors is that it’s generally safer to work with a company that has its own employees. There are a number of issues and complications that can arise from a company that works with subcontractors:
- Installers can place a lien on your home if they haven’t been fully paid by the company, even if you’ve made full payment.
- Companies that use subcontractors and outsourced workers need proof of proper WSIB (workers’ compensation) and insurance liability coverage of at least $2 million (by both the company and the subcontractors working at your home) in order to protect every party involved if someone is injured while working on your property.
- A subcontractor is paid for the work they do and then move on to the next job, and are therefore not likely to come back if there was any problem with the installation. What’s worse is that the company that hired them will not likely take responsibility for a bad job done.
Besides the above points, you also have to consider that the reputation of the company you hire isn’t necessarily the reputation of the subcontractors they use, meaning that you have no way of knowing whether or not they do quality work.
The Casa Bella Advantage
As Mississauga’s source for windows and doors for the past 40 years, we know that a company needs to hire employees in order to guarantee success. Every member of our team is an employee who has been trained to provide quality service, and who are invested in their job and the work they do.
So if you’re looking to get your windows replaced, be sure to call us for energy efficient windows that are made with the best practices and technology available. You can rest assured that you’re in good hands when you work with Casa Bella.
The post Things to Consider When Hiring a Window Installation Company appeared first on Casa Bella Windows & Doors.