If you live in Toronto or the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), you’ll know that each neighbourhood and city offers a unique take on architectural beauty and aesthetics. Every house, whether old or new, radiates charm and personality. Toronto homeowners are proud of their homes and love to renovate and decorate them with style. The housing market in the GTA is piping hot right now, so people love to add as much to their homes as possible to genuinely enjoy their abodes and increase the value even more. Do you own a house in the GTA?
There are several ways to showcase how much you love your home. You could decorate the interior with your preferred aesthetics and tastes, you could invest in professional landscaping to optimize the front and back gardens, and you could also replace your windows with brand new styles to update the look of your house, inside and out. We’re Casa Bella Windows & Doors, a Toronto windows company operating in Toronto and the surrounding area. We’ve been serving the GTA for over 60 years, and we love nothing more than working with our local customers to get the authentic look and feel that they’re looking to achieve in their homes.
We take pride in offering window and door installation in Mississauga and throughout the GTA. Over the years, we’ve noticed that window trends tend to vary depending on the region. If you’re looking to give your home a new look, to increase its value or simply for your personal enjoyment, replacing the windows is an excellent place to start. Windows open your home to beautiful natural light, fresh air and, depending on the season, can help you feel cooler or warmer.
Are you considering upgrading your Toronto home with new windows? Check out these GTA popular trends to help inspire your upcoming project.
The Ease of Energy-Efficiency
One window trend commonly found in all parts of the GTA is the shift in using energy-efficient models. Modern homeowners are environmentally conscious and know that switching to energy-efficient windows will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduce their carbon footprint. You won’t have to turn on your air conditioner to full-blast this summer — wasting the planet’s energy and resources — because your energy-efficient windows will have technology built-in that will keep the outside hot air away from your house.
Replacing your windows with energy-efficient windows will also dramatically reduce your monthly home expenses. The technology and insulation of energy-efficient windows aren’t just helpful for the environment; you’ll also benefit from much more cost-effective utility bills.
We make all of our windows with low-E glass, which minimizes the amount of ultraviolet and infrared light that comes into your home without diminishing the amount of natural light. It’s a transparent coating that maintains the house’s temperature and reflects the interior temperatures outside. Even on those blisteringly hot Toronto days, you could keep your AC at a reasonable temperature without having to pay through the roof for it.
Check out these energy efficient windows in Oakville and read more about why such windows make so much sense in today’s world. While the initial cost might be slightly higher than regular windows, you will save money in the long run with effective, long-lasting, and energy-saving products.
The Practicality of Vinyl
If you drive around the GTA, you’ll find vinyl windows in Vaughan and every other city and town within the region. Vinyl is the ideal material for window frames in this part of the world because it’s versatile, durable, and can withstand the harsh and unpredictable Canadian weather. People from Vaughn to Mississauga love vinyl because of its practicality and because it looks great and requires hardly any maintenance.
At Casa Bella, vinyl is our window material of choice. Regardless of style, we frame our windows with high-quality vinyl that’s sturdy and strong. You can choose your colour, including white, sandalwood, ivory, and more. We’re always excited to offer vinyl windows to our customers not just because of their durability and versatile but also because:
- They’re energy-efficient. Unlike aluminum, which tends to conduct heat and cold, vinyl minimizes heat transfer and improves the quality of your home’s insulation.
- They enhance the look of your house. Vinyl is a beautiful, smooth, and shiny material, and it’s highly adaptable.
- They’re low maintenance. Vinyl doesn’t attract dirt, so minimal cleaning is required (if any) with a damp cloth.
Give us a call to speak with a Casa Bella representative and ask about our commitment to vinyl and the various styles we offer.
The Health Benefits of Large Windows and Natural Light
A trend we see in the GTA is big, beautiful windows with lots of room for sunlight. Modern homeowners want natural light to shine through their windows and doors because it creates a healthier, brighter, and more spacious home. Do you know how beneficial natural light is for your overall health and wellbeing? Take a look at the following reasons why you should consider inviting more of it into your home.
- It can reduce stress and anxiety. If you’re feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders, having access to direct natural light for 30 minutes each morning can significantly reduce those uncomfortable feelings. The light improves the communication between regions of the brain that manage emotions such as anxiety and stress. When you expose yourself more to natural light, you can become better at managing anxiety-inducing experiences.
- Natural sunlight is an immune booster. Your immune system relies on T-cells, which fight off foreign pathogens, and one thing that wakes those T-cells up is sunlight. T-cells are a white blood cell that performs a critical, central role in the operations of the immune system. Such cells transform from dormant, harmless cells to active ones capable of killing viruses and bacteria. Vitamin D (found in the sun) is crucial to T cell function. Without it, the T cells remain dormant and cannot transform to fight off foreign pathogens.
- It can increase happiness. Human brains require serotonin (the hormone that alleviates pain and produces energy) to feel good. Sunlight causes the brain to produce serotonin, which can help you to feel your very best. Natural sunlight also produces endorphins, which is another hormone that naturally reduces pain in the body.
- Sunlight is a critical source of vitamin D. Vitamin D influences the intestines, bones, cardiovascular and immune systems, muscles, pancreas, brain more. If you’re not getting enough sunlight in your system, you might feel excessively tired, depressed, and missing out on essential sleep. Opening up your home to more of it will benefit you and your family from the inside out.
To invite as much natural light into your home as possible, it’s best to install some of our larger windows. Consider the following styles.
GTA homeowners love big, easy-to-operate windows such as our Casement style. These windows have hinges or pivots at the upright part of a vertically hung sash, opening inward or outward along its entire length, much like a door. Many clients like to install several of these windows in a row to create a whole wall of windows, ready to soak up the sun.
Bay and Bow Windows
We also recommend our bay or bow windows for folks who want ample sunlight with larger windows. Both bay and bow windows project away from your home, creating more room within your home and an abundance of space for natural sunlight to flow into your house. Bays and bows are made with at least three large panes of glass, so you’ll have sunlight brightening up your home regardless of the time of year.
Both styles are also incredibly unique and add a charming touch to your home, whether it’s a modern suburban home or if it’s an older style. They create beauty and offer an elegant addition to a house of any shape and size.
The Sophistication of Clean Lines
On a recent window installation in Richmond Hill we noticed how so many beautiful homes there have elegant, clean-lined windows and doors. Clean lines create a pleasing aesthetic to the eye and symbolize harmony and simplicity. They mirror geometric shapes and blend in perfectly with the structure of rectangular and square homes. Clean lines also demonstrate that you love design.
We’re proud to say that all of our window styles embody clean lines. For example, our Horizontal Slider and Simulated Single Hung windows both comprise crisp rectangular lines and can turn your house into an elegant home, on the outside and from within. You could even combine styles to create a sophisticated look with artistic lines and linear shapes all over the façade of your house. Homeowners all over the GTA are doing it, so why not join in the trend?
No matter which region they live in, people in the GTA love their homes and want to give them a personal touch. Call us today at Casa Bella Windows & Doors so we can help you make your house the very best it can be today!
The post The Most Popular Window Trends in the Greater Toronto Area appeared first on Casa Bella Windows & Doors.