The world is a scary and unpredictable place right now. We’re all doing our best to stay calm and healthy. It’s essential to do what government officials are saying: wash your hands often, don’t touch your face, and stay home.
No one is entirely sure how long we’ll be inside, but you’re going to want to keep your home clean and sanitized during this time. Ensuring that you disinfect your space regularly is vital to help to prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading.
We’re Casa Bella Windows & Doors, and we’re a Toronto window replacement company. We dedicate ourselves to serving our customers with the best products and services, and we want to do all that we can to help at this difficult time. As we are a home renovation company, we always ensure we’re using the best cleaning tactics while working, and we never leave any mess behind.
Usually, we like to write about our excellent products and customer service, but due to what’s happening right now in the world, we thought we’d focus on something that might help our customers feel a little less anxious at home. Your health and safety are what matters most to us.
If you’ve recently had a renovation in your home or you’re planning on one soon, it’s always a good idea to tidy things up and to clean the rooms that have been or will be affected. And because of the current health crisis, it’s even more important to pay great attention to sanitizing. Take a look at our home sanitizing and cleaning tips.
What You’ll Need
There is a lot of information floating around the internet right now concerning the COVID-19 virus and how to get rid of it. The reality is that right now, we don’t know everything about it, but there are preventative measures that we can take to help decrease its spread.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has created a list of cleaning products that while not specifically tested on the latest version of the virus that causes COVID-19 just yet, they have proven to be effective on similar, harder-to-kill viruses such as the rhinovirus that is the cause of the common cold. The EPA expects these products to work on the coronavirus, too.
These products include:
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- Lysol Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach
- Lysol Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner + Bleach
- Microban 24 Hour Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Purell Multi-Surface Disinfectant Spray
How to Clean
As your preferred Brampton window manufacturers and installers, we care deeply for all of our customers’ wellbeings. We’ve created a list of tips on how to use your cleaning products and how to kill germs.
Always remember the following:
- Sanitizing is not the same as disinfecting. Sanitizing (reducing the number of germs) typically takes less time — sometimes just 30 or 60 seconds —whereas disinfecting (killing the germs) can take anywhere up to ten minutes, depending on the product. When you use your products, keep this in mind and leave the solution on the surface for a few minutes before wiping it off.
- There is no product that can adequately disinfect or sanitize a dirty surface. Always clean it first (even with soapy water) before disinfecting.
- Check the label for how long non-porous, hard surfaces must stay wet for the most effective germ killing practices. Liquids evaporate, so this may require you to apply the product multiple times.
Many people tend to forget that regular soap and water clean germs away and significantly decrease the quantity of germs. This reduces the chance of infection. However, to actually kill germs, it’s important to sanitize or disinfect surfaces after cleaning them. Open a window (in colder weather just crack one open for a few minutes) if any disinfecting or cleaning supplies are creating bothersome fumes.
Test surfaces for safety before using any product liberally. Put a small amount of product on a hidden spot somewhere in your home before using anything with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or any kind of disinfectant on a surface, particularly a delicate one.
Casa Bella is not just your Mississauga, Brampton, and Oakville window replacement company, we’re also here to provide support and care during this extremely challenging time. The entire Casa Bella family is offering love and good health to all of our customers, and we can’t wait to be there for your home renovation needs.
The post How to Effectively Sanitize Your Home appeared first on Casa Bella Windows & Doors.