When the time comes to install new windows and doors, you might be eager to take advantage of the latest products from today’s top brands. This requires you to keep up with the newest industry updates, so you don’t miss out on any introductions that might interest you.
At Quality Window & Door, we are a non-proprietary dealer, meaning we carry many brands to meet your aesthetic tastes and performance requirements. One of the industry’s top-selling manufacturers, Weather Shield, releases innovative new products every year. Here are some of the latest updates from Weather Shield, as well as what we can expect from this top window and door brand in 2020.
Re-Imagined Door Solutions
- Next-generation sliding patio door: Weather Shield’s Contemporary Collection features products that are best suited for homes with modern architecture. The sliding patio door in the collection was transformed for 2019, now featuring larger custom sizes, an advanced sill design, and overall superior operation.
- Improved bi-fold door performance: The bi-fold doors from Weather Shield’s Premium Series and Contemporary Collection were recently modified to include an advanced, low-profile sill. The improvement maximizes performance against even the harshest elements and removes potential tripping hazards.
- Invisible hardware for bi-fold doors: A new partnership with HOPPE North America, a leading hardware supplier, has allowed Weather Shield bi-fold doors to feature hidden hardware that improves aesthetics while maintaining intuitive operation.
Curated Contemporary Product Portfolio
- New line of push-out casement and awning windows: As of this year, the Contemporary Collection now features push-out casement and awning windows with a narrow-profile frame and sash for a more modern appearance. Customizable heights up to 7 feet tall provide additional exposed glass and expansive views. Newly redesigned hinges also improve aesthetics and operation.
- Oversized direct set windows: If you dream of floor-to-ceiling glass, Weather Shield’s newly reinvented, oversized direct set windows get the job done. Rectangular frames, which now come with a flush frame option, are available with up to 70 square feet of slim-line direct glazing for broad, unobstructed views.
- New curtain wall: Inspired by commercial applications, Weather Shield now offers a curtain wall, which converts an entire residential wall into a window, nearly eliminating the indoor/outdoor barrier.
Enhanced Architectural Offerings
- Retractable screens: Casement windows in the Contemporary Collection and Premium Series are now available with one-touch retractable screens. The hidden track system creates an upscale, low-profile aesthetic.
- All-wood windows: Well-suited for historical restoration projects, Weather Shield’s new all-wood windows feature exact architectural detailing, historical accuracy, and a broad array of brickmould options. Double-hung windows from this line are available in monumental sizes up to 5 feet wide and 10 feet tall.
- Premium designer stain: Weather Shield has partnered with Sherwin-Williams to provide furniture-grade window stains ranging from light to dark tones. This creates the appearance of high-quality furniture, providing a look that’s consistent with the rest of the room’s woodwork.
What to Expect at the 2020 Builders’ Show
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) International Builders’ Show is where upcoming and in-demand home building products and services make their debut. Next year’s Builders’ Show is scheduled for January 21-23, 2020, in Las Vegas, NV. Over 1,400 top manufacturers and suppliers from around the globe will gather in 600,000 square feet of exhibit space at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Weather Shield plans to unveil its latest window and door innovations at the 2020 Builders’ Show. If you have the opportunity to attend, you’ll be among the first to see the newest products designed to meet architect, custom homebuilder, and homeowner preferences.
If you’re ready to learn more about installing Weather Shield windows and doors in DC, Maryland, or Virginia, please contact Quality Window & Door at 1-800-370-8751, or visit one of our showrooms to see the latest Weather Shield products in person.
This post first appeared on